Who can give me advice?

Advice gives specific recommendations about what decisions you should take and what companies and products you should choose. Only qualified people who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority can give advice. They will take into account your circumstances, preferences and goals and tailor a solution to suit you.


There is a complaints process if you think you got the wrong advice, including recourse to the Financial Ombudsman Service, who can award compensation.


You will need to pay for advice.


You may already have your own financial adviser. If you don’t, you can find one at www.moneyhelper.org.uk, or you can use one of our partners. If you use one of our partners, they may pay us a fee for introducing them to you.


Details of our partners and their services are below. Of course you don’t need to use our partners for advice and can look for your own.